Well hello everyone! I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas and a very happy New Years! I would love to be able to show you my bangin' New Year's Eve outfit, but unfortunately I never got a chance to wear it :( I came down with a horrible stomach flu/strep throat on Thursday before the big night and never even made it out of bed until late Saturday :( But hey, I like to look on the bright side - I saved some money AND now I have an excuse to wear my outfit and be fabulous some other night!
Anywho, back to the good stuff. Here's an outfit I wore out shopping to do some returns and treat myself to some new goodies:

The belted vest look is one that Kimberly at Fab Finds Under $50 wears well, and it inspired me to try it out for myself with this I.N.C. vest I bought when I first started working. A cute vest is a work staple, no? I loved pairing the two different shades of plum of the top and the cowl, and my beaded necklace matched the color palette perfectly. I had to be comfy so I threw on some straightleg jeans and flats, and away we go!
Top: Macy's
Vest: I.N.C. via Macy's
Cowl: H&M
Belt: Old Navy
Necklace: ?
Ring: New York & Company
Bracelets: borrowed
Jeans: Calvin Klein via Macy's
Flats: Preview via Nordstrom Rack
So the look above is how I started off the day, but after a few trips in and out of the dressing room, I somehow ended up like this:

And I like it! The belted cowl is a look I've seen all over the blogosphere, but wasn't too sure would work on me - I thought the girls wouldn't cooperate. But, lo and behold, they did, and it does!
Off to bed, for tomorrow's the first Monday of 2011 and I will be looking fabulous! Can't wait to share all the new treasures I've picked up over the holiday season with you guys :)
The eShakti giveaway ends tomorrow at 11:59pm, so don't forget to enter for your chance to win!



Aww, I'm sorry you couldn't go out and celebrate, but you did save the money! :) The cowl looks SO good with this outfit! :) Happy New Year!
ReplyDeleteGreat casual look, lovely colour top too.
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year xx
Happy New Year to both you lovely ladies!
ReplyDeleteLove the belted vest look on you and love the belted scarf too! I hope you are feeling much better and your 2011 is off to a kickin' start.
ReplyDeleteI love your blog Im a new follower now found you via secret blogger happy new year and happy blogging I am loving your style.
ReplyDeletePurple and pink goes really well together. I love the colour combination!
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry you didn't get to wear your NYE outfit!! Even worse because you were sick!! At least you got in some retail therapy! I love your outfit!! Super cute!! :)
ReplyDelete