"Love those jeans! Can you tell us what size you took? (as in, did you size up, take your regular size, etc). I want to get a pair but I'm hearing so many mixed reviews regarding sizing."
I've gotten this question before about Old Navy's Rockstar Jeggings, and considering the fact that they're on sale right now for a mere $19, I thought I'd give some tips about sizing.
The Rockstar Jegging is my absolute go-to for skinny jeans, I have 4 pairs right now including a pair of skinny cords, and I just ordered 2 more pair since they're practically giving them away! I know a lot of people have had trouble with sizing, and it's mostly because different colors and washes of these pants are made of different fabrics and have different amounts of stretch. The easiest way to figure out which ones will work for you is to take a look at "fit & sizing" under "About This Product" (this is not the size chart).
The Rockstar Jegging is my absolute go-to for skinny jeans, I have 4 pairs right now including a pair of skinny cords, and I just ordered 2 more pair since they're practically giving them away! I know a lot of people have had trouble with sizing, and it's mostly because different colors and washes of these pants are made of different fabrics and have different amounts of stretch. The easiest way to figure out which ones will work for you is to take a look at "fit & sizing" under "About This Product" (this is not the size chart).

As you can see, each wash of the pant is listed, followed by what fabric it's made of. The Pop colors (Gestalt Green, Monaco Plum, etc.) are 98% Cotton, 2% Spandex. On the other hand, washes like Dark Wash, Campfire, Starry Night, and Dover (these are the denim-looking jeggings, rather than the bright colored ones) are 70% Cotton, 28% Polyester, 2% Spandex. The high cotton and low spandex content of the colored jeggings means that they're not nearly as stretchy as their 70% Cotton counterpart.
In the 70% Cotton jeggings, I wear my true size and they fit perfectly and are super duper comfortable. In 98% cotton, I recommend sizing up one size. I take a 14 in the Dark Wash and Campfire washes, and a 16 in the cord jeggings (which are also 98% cotton).
I hope this helped if you're looking to order a pair of these online. If you have an Old Navy near you, pop in while they're still on sale and try on a few pair - I really recommend them!
Shop my closet on Smashion!
Visit me on Facebook!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave me some love <3