Friday, February 1, 2013

Beauty Buzz


I always get questions about my make up/beauty routine, so I thought write a post to share the skincare and cosmetics I use!


First off: Skincare. I've always had relatively good skin; prone to the odd pimple but nothing too serious. After a series of breakouts, I started using Proactiv, which worked really well for me. After my skin calmed down, I looked for a new skin regime - The wash, tone, moisturize trio worked well for me so I decided to stick with the same routine. For the last few months I've been using a combination of products with great results. I wash with Kiehl's Centella Skin-Calming Facial Cleanser for sensitive skin. I've never considered myself to have sensitive skin, but I love how gentle this cleanser is, and I've noticed it does a great job of reducing redness and irriation. Next, I tone with Sea Breeze Deep Clean Astringent on a cotton pad. Nothing fancy, but it's great for getting all those last traces of makeup of my face, and it gives a great cooling, tingling sensation. Lastly, I moisturize with Olay Active Hydrating Beauty Fluid. This moisturizer is on the thin side, which I like because I hate moisturizers that make me feel greasy. Days when I feel the grease coming on, I'll smooth on Proactiv's Daily Oil Control over my moisturizer - It does a great job of keeping the shine at bay under my makeup without drying out my skin.


On to my everyday makeup routine! For foundation, I mix BareMinerals original foundation in Golden Tan with BareMinerals READY in Medium Beige. Golden Tan was my summer color; I bought Medium Beige once fall hit but it turned out to be a touch too light. Mixing them gives me the perfect color. I contour my cheekbones, jawline, temples, and hairline with BareMinerals Warmth, then use a Nars Multiple Stick in Orgasm for blush. I always loves Nars regular blush in Orgasm, and the multiple stick is great because you get the same color but you can use it as an eye shadow or even a lipcolor. Nars is also the genius behind my signature winged eyeliner - their Eyeliner Stylo Pen in Carpates is almost like a thin marker, it makes doing the wing so easy, and the line so, so crisp. Nars has some really fantastic products, if you're a fan of liquid foundation over mineral, try Nars Sheer Glow Foundation - it has a "satin" finish that gives you that fresh, dewey look without looking greasy. Moving on - After lining my eyes, I fill in my brows with MAC eyeshadow in Embark. Filling in your brows, especially if they're light like mine, is so important! I really think it defines your face and brings out your eyes. Lastly, two coats of my favorite drugstore mascara - L'Oreal Extra Volume Collagen Mascara. Voilà my everyday face :)

Wearing: Cardigan from Nordstrom Rack, Scarf from Target, Earrings from Macy's. Looking for some hot diamonds jewellery to rival your CZ studs? Check out Shades of Time!


Shop my closet on Smashion!
Visit me on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love <3